Disclosure: The post is sponsored by US Cranberries. All opinions are our own.
With cold winter months turning into stay-at-home orders, we’re all excited to get outside and enjoy the sunshine this summer. Whether cooking out as a family in the backyard or visiting the local park with a picnic, this summer is bringing a breath of fresh air.
This time of year, our plates are full of so many tasty foods, like watermelon, strawberries and tomatoes, but there’s another red fruit to add to your menu – cranberries!
I know what you’re thinking. “Cranberries? Like the cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving?” Yep! While fresh cranberries aren’t available during the summer months, you can easily find dried, canned or frozen versions to easily add to your favorite dishes!
This summer, we’re going #AllAmeriCRAN for cranberries by sharing our favorite ways to add them to your menu. We’re partnering with the Cranberry Marketing Committee to show you how easy and versatile this fruit can be.
Ideas for Dried Cranberries
- Mix with nuts, pretzels and more for an easy DIY trail mix
- Add some tartness to your favorite salad
- Make a batch of homemade energy bites or granola bars for a quick snack
- Sprinkle on top of your morning cereal
- Swap out raisins in your Ants on a Log with dried cranberries
- Toss into coleslaws, rice pilafs or quinoa dishes for some added tanginess
Ideas for Cranberry Sauce
- Blend into your favorite smoothie recipe
- Top off yogurt with cranberry sauce and granola for an easy parfait
- Mix with other fruit or yogurt for easy popsicles
- Spice up sandwiches by using as a fun spread
- Stir into warm oatmeal for a fun new flavor
- Add to your favorite muffin recipe in place of other fruit
Ideas for Frozen Cranberries
- Toss into a festive mocktail to keep it cool
- Bake into a delicious homemade bread
- Sweeten things up with a baked cranberry crisp for dessert
- Dip chips into a bright cranberry salsa
- Roast with vegetables like cauliflower and onions for a unique side dish
- Make a cranberry BBQ sauce, it’s not summer without it