- Eggplant is available year-round in most regions, with peak season being July to October.
Health Benefits of Eggplants:
- Eggplant is a very good source of dietary fiber, Vitamin B1 and copper. It’s also a good source of manganese, Vitamin B6, niacin, potassium, folate, and Vitamin K.
How to Select Eggplants:
- Look for firm, glossy eggplants that feel heavy for its size.
- Avoid eggplants with wrinkle skin, soft spots or brown patches.
How to Store Eggplants:
- Store whole, unwashed eggplants in a plastic bag to help prevent shriveling. Place in vegetable drawer or on shelf in refrigerator.
How to Prepare Eggplants:
- Wash eggplant and trim off the top and bottom, removing the stems and leaves.
Fun Facts About Eggplants:
- Eggplants are actually considered to be a berry, not a vegetable.